More About Rogue CasinosBeware: Rogue casinos can take the fun out of playing at online casinos and your money is most likely not safe. With so many online casino out there, you just never know when you might come across a rogue casino. Usually they have already been picked up by the many forums or and industry advisors/watchdogs will have them listed on their web sites. There are a few rules of thumb that you can use to gauge or monitor your selection of casinos. Before you make a deposit at an online casino, it’s good to do your due diligence just so you know you’ll get paid if you win.
- You need to take a good look at the site and see what the design is like. Does it look professionally designed or does it look like it was put together in an hour? Are the photos something you see everywhere online, meaning they didn’t even buy the photos but stole them from another site? Look at the name of the casino and who owns it and the software that is used.
- Hop on to your friendly search engine and add the word “rogue” to the search in the casino name . This will further define your search, so if the online casino has a bad reputation it will come up right away.
- You need to scrutinize the content and how it is written on the site . For example, some rogue casino companies have several sites and there is no real differentiation between them with the look and feel, content and designs of the sites. They all look like a template approach to web site design so you know there is no real thought into branding or they aren’t exuding a sense of confidence to the viewer.
- You need to really look at the software the casino is using . With so many software companies out there, they sometimes license their product to unqualified operators, because the rogue operators may have manipulated the application documents to the software provider. Most casino software companies are pretty savvy to the rogue operator, but still some get the software they need and carry on their rouge ways.
- It is good to look and see where the online casino is licensed and operated . These days there are many legal gaming jurisdictions that monitor all their licensees. The process to get an online casino operators license is also pretty extensive of behalf of the jurisdiction. So, you should be able to find out whom the owners are and if they have a bad reputation in the industry. Most of the bad ones will shut down an online casino due to its poor reputation and start another one.
- Review the promotions and if they seem to good to be true, they usually are. There are a lot of bonuses and promotions out there, which operators use to bring you in and deposit. You should take a good look at the terms and conditions, that can give you an idea if the casino is rouge or not. You may get a nice big deposit bonus, put you might never get paid either when you win, so read carefully.